Hello, fashion lovers and fashion admirers!
If you’re new to my blog or have been rolling with me from day one, fashion is my thing. I love the artistry and creative expression of fashion. I like being able to express myself through what I wear. Fashion is very cathartic.
However, I run into a lot of people who admire fashion but avoid allowing themselves the experience of feeling fantastic. Some feel that they don’t have the right body or are too old to feel great in what they are wearing. Some women don’t want to spend tons of money on clothes and others focus a majority of their time on their families.
I would like to encourage you to try something different with your style. If you have more of a monotone colored wardrobe add an element of color that you wouldn’t typically use. If you’re not at a place where you cannot put money into your wardrobe, you can be creative in seeing how you can tweak what you already have by altering them. You could also have a clothing swap party with some friends and trade garments. YouTube has some great DIY projects for t-shirts and making clothes for those who are limited in our sewing abilities.
The beauty of having your style is that it’s yours. You don’t have to follow trends or shop high-end designer brands to look good and feel good. Change your mind about fashion and have fun with it.
If you have any great tips, feel free to share in the comments section!
Talk to you soon! Also, connect with me on Instagram @lovelymultifacetedchic and on Facebook.
I couldn’t have said it better.
This message is to all of the women!
Hey ladies and gentlemen,
I want to take a few moments of your time to share some simple ways of becoming empowered people. I truly believe that a lot of us have labelled being empowered as achieving a certain level of success, status, and popularity. If that was the case, then suicide rates and dissatisfaction with life would not be prevalent. I want to share some personal things that I have done in my process of becoming empowered.
- Choose to be authentically, genuine. I have yet to meet a person who is empowered and phony simultaneously. I have met people whose words appeared positive and their actions seemed kind. But something was off. There is this natural energy that comes from a person who is truthful in character, word, and deed. If there is one thing that I do hold myself accountable for is authenticity.
- Celebrate Others. On this journey of empowerment, finding beauty and inspiration in others is important. I have seen that people who have a hard time celebrating and appreciating others have issues with jealousy, competition, and comparison. You have to choose to be inspired by others instead of crippled by insecurities. Choose to shine your light by shining on others. I look to find beauty and qualities in others because I grow. It’s simple to celebrate others. Pay compliments, show support, and share what inspires you about a person. Be authentic in celebrating others. Shine light on others and you’ll shine light on yourself.
- Celebrate Yourself. In this journey of being empowered. You must take time to celebrate yourself. Celebrating yourself is not being narcissistic. It means taking time to appreciate your awesomeness. I have been guilty of not celebrating my talents and abilities because the people who were around me were not content with themselves. Celebrating yourself is owning everything about you–your strengths and flaws. Pamper and splurge on yourself. Celebrate small successes and accomplishments. Allow others to celebrate you. Choose to not accept negative thoughts and voices and remind yourself of those qualities and traits that make you unique and special. Love yourself and don’t back down.
- Invest in Yourself. The most valuable asset that you have is your life. Take time to feed your spirit, your body, and your mind. Your spirit, body, and mind are all connected and thrive on each other. Your total well-being is essential for being empowered and whole as a person. Make it a priority educate yourself on your passions, goals, and desires. Seek to be balanced in this unbalanced world. You only have one life, one body, one mind and one spirit–each one is vital to your sustainability.
- Surround Yourself with Positive, Balanced-Seeking People. People are essential in your journey to empowerment. We are created to be relational beings, and our relationships either enhance or drain us. Some relationships offer nothing. Toxic and unhealthy connections could hinder and sometimes abort our journey to being empowered. The beauty is that we don’t have to allow our special relationships to remain that way. It is important that we connect with people to are actively working on being better and healthy. Support is great and having good people around you helps push you to be better. When I see those around me improving, it inspires me to be better. One of my favorite scripture verses is from Proverbs 27:17 is “As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens of a friend.”
- Check Yourself. This step, to me, covers all of the other steps. Checking yourself means staying aware of your choices, feelings, thoughts, actions, and behaviors. Sometimes we can easily get off balanced for different reasons– some are in our control and others are out our control. Make sure that we evaluate ours lives. Are we doing things to better ourselves? Are we happy and content with our actions and behaviors? Find ways to handle life changes. Be honest about where we are and where we want to be. If there are areas that need improvement, own it and grow. Evaluate what energy you are giving and receiving. Get help if you need it and receive help.
Being empowered is a beautiful and freeing way of life. The journey is not about being perfect. It’s about being better, healthier, and whole.
We’re in this journey together!